There are many options for homeowners in Gillingham who want to make more of their driveway. A relatively new arrival on the driveways Gillingham scene is pattern imprinted concrete.
How it works
In effect, a printed concrete driveway is concrete but with a more interesting finish. To achieve a new pattern imprinted concrete driveway, a sub-based is laid on the Gillingham driveway, then a layer of concrete is poured over it. A colour is then applied, along with a colour hardener. A patterned matt is then applied to the wet concrete in order to create the required visual effect: this could range from a brickwork design to a pattern that resembles textured stone.
Key features of pattern imprinted concrete
These are some of the main things to be aware of when considering printed concrete for your driveway in Gillingham:
- it can cover large areas very quickly
- there’s a wide range of designs possible for driveways Gillingham, which can be similar to a block paved effect
- it can be prone to cracking and it’s difficult to repair just one area without disrupting the rest of the driveway
- it’s non-permeable, so you’ll need to factor drainage into the planning for your new Gillingham driveway
- it can be difficult to take up just one part of the driveway if you need to access the ground below – you could end up needing to replace the whole thing.
Want to know more?
For more information and to ask for a no obligation quote or for any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact us today.